Chart Level Scripting support. It is a Qlik Sense feature available in Qlik Cloud and in Qlik Sense Client Managed version starting from August 2022.
Quote from Qlik documentation:
With chart level scripting, you can add script-like functionality to the results of a visualization. It complements chart expressions, as chart level scripting include control statements, such as loops and recursive actions, for more complex mathematical calculations. You can also modify multiple columns, as long as a placeholder exists in the chart, and add new rows to a result.
Chart level scripting must be enabled in the app before you can add a chart script to a visualization.
- Resizing of columns and rows has been added to be able to design more sophisticated visualization templates.
It is also possible to change width/height of a column/row using the resize dialog by clicking on a column/row resize icon.
- It is easy to embed images in visualizations in base64 encoding now.
- Embedding master visualizations can be done with toolbar button or context menu for a selected cell, which also allows to change the interactions and selections options for the master object, or delete the embedded master object.
- Insert and delete operations have been improved and it is now possible to insert or delete columns or rows even if there are cells which span across several columns or rows.
- Font tags allow to apply the same font size on various PowerKPI objects if they have same size on a sheet.
Same font size when font tags have been applied on the Margin YTD and Orders YTD KPIs
Different font size without font tags
- Apply symbol action has been extended with the possibility to map "Symbol" expression values to icons.
- and other small improvements:
- the Value color action has been extended with the "Text color expression" option.
- Shift + click on a color picker apply a color without opening the color dialog.
- Qlik Sense June 2020 accreditation on Trusted Extension Developer program.
- Preview in the Qlik Sense Edit mode works now in the same way as component visualize data in the Analysis mode. To open up the PowerKPI editor a developer should click on a buttonin the top left corner of the component or, as another option, open Visualizations sections on the property panel and then expand an appropriate visualization and click on the "Edit template" button. The editor will be loaded and shown instead of a visualization.
- Editor context menu has been added to increase a developer productivity. Toolbar panel can be collapsed and expanded now.
- Developers productivity enhancements - ability to create a visualization template in a couple of clicks. The "Dimensions/Measures" panel automatically opens up when new visualization created. "Apply all" button allows developers to apply and use all dimensions and measures configured on the data sections of the property panel. It also applies predefined set of actions like "Sort", "Alternative dimensions/measures", "Searchable dimension", "Select dimension value", etc.
- Quick add rows/columns buttons
- Native or Virtual scrolling mode for tables. Native mode uses native pageable scroll in which the "Load more" or "Load previous" buttons can be used to load the next or previous page of the data, while virtual scrolling mode allows to scroll the entire dataset.
- "Fit height" quick button. It allows to set mode in which it will shrink or stretch a visualization to fit the occupied by the component area.
- Dimensions and measures popup menu. Double click on a cell or use Ctrl + Space (⌘ + Space) to open up the dimensions and measures popup menu.
- Editor keyboard shortcuts enhancements
Keyboard arrows keys allow to navigate between cells;
Hold Shift and use arrows to select cells;
Ctrl + Alt + P (⌘ + Alt + P) - preview mode;
Ctrl + Alt + E (⌘ + Alt + E) - edit mode (for selected component);
Ctrl + Alt + C (⌘ + Alt + C) - copy a cell content (including styling options and actions);
Ctrl + Alt + V (⌘ + Alt + V) - paste copied cell content;
Ctrl + Space (⌘ + Space) - open up the dimensions and measures popup menu.
- and other performance improvements and bug fixes.